The kids are back in school and the homework is back at home. This year, try to create a dedicated homework station to help your kids stay organized and feeling in control.
To set your student up with a station, start with these tips:
- Set up a small desk in a corner for a sense of seclusion and walls to mount document organizers.
- Put a whiteboard with cork board sides on one station wall to keep a to-do list and reminders.
- Use colorful cups to organize pens, pencils, markers and more.
- Construct a cube-based organizer and keep small baskets in each compartment to keep subjects and outstanding homework separated.
- Add a small desk light to reduce eyestrain and add character.
You can also extend the school-themed organization throughout the house:
- Add sturdy hooks near the front door to keep backpacks and lunch boxes all in one place.
- Buy small, personal calendars to record each family member’s schedule and to-do items. Keep these all in the same area, like on the refrigerator or near the door.
- Create prizes and rewards for keeping the areas tidy and completing all their work.
Visit Hortons to find the accents you need to keep your home organized and efficient for every member of the family!