At Hortons Home Lighting in Chicagoland, we’re always looking for passionate and experienced individuals to join our lighting and hardware teams. If you’re looking for a new career in the lighting industry or hardware industry, contact us at email@example.com for available positions or fill out an Applicant Interest Form.
Cashier & Front-End Services Representative – Part-Time
As a Hortons Cashier & Front-End Services Representative, you are more than just an ‘item scanner’. You play a major role in how our Hortons’ guests feel when they leave the store or end a phone call. You are the first and last team member that the guest interacts with. That’s why it’s so important to smile, greet, and thank each and every guest.
What You’ll Do:
This job involves tasks such as greeting Hortons’ guests, answering phone calls and directing calls to the appropriate departments, answering questions about products, taking payment and processing refunds, generating estimates, data entry, and implementing store policies. You will play a key role in providing legendary customer service to our Hortons’ guests and building guest loyalty. You will be responsible for operating our cash registers with accuracy and efficiency while ensuring the checkout experience is fast and friendly. This includes, but is not limited to, suggesting appropriate additional products, handling merchandise returns and exchanges quickly and efficiently, calling customers when their special orders are in and counting down their cash drawer at the end of each shift.
Candidates well suited for our Cashier & Front-End Services Representative role are customer focused, have a friendly and approachable personality, enjoy working as part of a team, and can remain motivated when completing repetitive tasks.
Who You Are:
- Desire to provide customer service excellence
- Willing to work flexible hours including evening hours and weekends
- Outgoing and excited to smile, greet, and thank customers with a positive attitude
- Comfortable standing for long periods of time while checking out guests quickly and accurately
- Organized and professional
- Quick learner and comfortable answering guest questions to help them with their needs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail Oriented
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Related experience is preferred but not required
Consider joining the Horton’s team where our friendly atmosphere, competitive wages, merchandise discounts, flexible schedules and a positive management team are just a few of the advantages we offer. This is the perfect job for someone returning to the job force, or perhaps for someone attending local college.
- Cashier experience preferred. Customer service experience preferred.
- Standing, walking, and lifting (up to 25lbs).
Ace Hardware Sales Associate – Full-Time & Part-Time Available
As a local business, we pride ourselves in being there for our community in the times of greatest need. Amongst all the uncertainty of the current pandemic, one thing is certain… now is one of THOSE times! Thus, as the local ACE Hardware store and being declared an “essential business,” it is our privilege to be OPEN in La Grange to serve our community for all of their hardware needs. Consequently, we are looking to have people join us who believe in the power of community and the shop local mission. We ARE – Still Open…Always Essential…Forever Helpful.
About Hortons Ace Hardware and Home Lighting
Hortons has been serving the community for over 120 years and we pride ourselves on creating a superior client experience from the way our stores are merchandised, to the products we carry, and most importantly, the service we provide to each and every person who walks through the door.
The Sales Associate will not be “selling products”, rather they will be assisting in “solving problems” of those guests who seek their assistance. They will also assist in the receiving, stocking, pricing of all merchandise and help maintain a clean and orderly merchandise presentation and overall store cleanliness.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide a positive representation of Hortons Ace Hardware.
- Proactively assist customers in solving problems.
- Greet customers entering and throughout the store. Thank customers when finished and when they are leaving the store.
- Possess a friendly outgoing demeanor; work well with customers as well as associates.
- Ensure all pages and calls are answered promptly, courteously and effectively.
- Forward any customer complaint that cannot be handled to a member of management.
- Possess strong product knowledge and knowledge of store layout and location of products.
- Assist customers throughout the store with personal, customized service based on the premise of amazing every customer, every time.
- Assist in creating a positive, professional and safe work environment.
- Assist with receiving, checking in and stocking of merchandise throughout the store.
- Assist with maintaining back stock levels.
- Assist with daily maintenance, orderliness and cleanliness of the sales floor, stock room and outdoor merchandise area.
- Assist with providing a clean and orderly sales floor, including end caps and ad merchandise.
- Assist with merchandise resets through the store.
- Ensure signage is current throughout the store.
- Communicate any merchandising, cost control or sales idea to General Manager.
- Participate in store meetings.
- Be professional in appearance and actions.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High School or GED equivalent.
- Formal retail experience or trades experience preferred but not mandatory.
- Standing, walking and lifting (up to 50lbs).
Lighting Account Manager – Full-Time Available
Hortons Home Lighting in La Grange is looking for Full-Time lighting account managers to join our current dream team!
Hortons has been serving the community for over 120 years and is considered Chicagoland’s Premier Lighting showroom. We pride ourselves in creating a superior client experience from the way our stores are merchandised to the expertise we provide.
We are looking for account managers that are eager to sell to the retail guest and are confident enough to connect with top industry professionals. Diligent follow up and attention to details is a must in this fun and exciting role.
While not required, we favor applicants with a year or more of retail or restaurant experience, who are drawn to decorating, design or art.
- Contribute to sales targets by expertly selling lighting, accessories and other products offered by Hortons
- Build a personal portfolio of business through retail traffic, professional leads and great customer service.
- Maintain clear, consistent and timely communication with guests through excellent time management skills.
- Actively promote a positive buying experience and drive guest experience.
- Complete ALA training.
- Maximize store promotions, marketing initiatives, and grassroots programs to drive business and promote the HORTONS brand.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive commission and base compensation plan
- United Health Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Vacation and PTO
- Flexible Schedule
Warehouse Stock – La Grange
Horton’s of LaGrange is seeking part-time warehouse stock assistants for our onsite warehouse. Job duties include but are not limited to; filling and pulling customer orders, some heavy lifting, lite assembly, helping customers load product in their vehicles, and other warehouse duties. Hours are evenings and weekends and this is an ideal position for a high school or college student. This is an entry level position. Must be able to work weekends.
Part-time, evenings and weekends.
Warehouse Associate & Showroom Support – La Grange
Hortons Home Lighting and Ace Hardware in La Grange is looking for an active person to fulfill a full-time warehouse associate/showroom support position within our store. Hortons has been serving the community for 125 years and we pride ourselves on creating a superior client experience from the way our stores are merchandised, to the products we carry, and most importantly, the service we provide to each and every person who walks through the door. Being a part of our warehouse/support team is no exception to this.
We are looking for people who believe in following procedures and can bounce from task to task based on the client’s needs. While not required, we favor applicants with a year or more of warehousing or electrical experience. The ideal candidate is excited to learn about the retail industry and knows how to take initiative.
• Display and Merchandise light fixtures throughout our showroom
• Assembly of light fixtures and furniture
• Take down and package product for customer pick up
• Pull and prepare orders for shipment
• Receive, verify, stage and stock all incoming material
• Assist Managers and Sales Associates to fulfill client needs
• Unload and load trucks with a forklift
• Ensure auxillary warehouses and workspace is clean, organized, secure and safe at all times
• Meet established goals as set by management
• A Successful Warehouse Associate/Showroom Support person will possess the following:
• Mechanical aptitude and assembly skills
• Light electrical knowledge preferred
• Must not be afraid of heights (work from a 10’ ladder occasionally)
• Basic computer skills
Our Hortons family strongly believes in making a difference and giving back to the communities we serve. Perhaps our biggest example of this is the foundation which was started here at the store when two employees passed away from cancer. Since its inception in 2001, The H Foundation has raised nearly $9 million to support basic science cancer research at the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center at Northwestern University. We are also supporters of the Children’s Miracle Network, our local high school’s Transitions Program, Local Makers of innovative products, the local movie theater, local Boy Scout and Girl Scout Troops, and many other local charities. If giving back and being a part of an organization that is making a difference is something important to you…join us!
This is not a seasonal position. Typical first shift hours with occasional evening and weekend shifts.