At Hortons Home Lighting in Chicagoland, we’re always looking for passionate and experienced individuals to join our lighting and hardware teams. If you’re looking for a new career in the lighting industry or hardware industry, contact us at email@example.com for available positions.
Day-Time Cashier & Front-End Services Representative
Hortons Home Lighting & Ace Hardware is independently owned and part of a worldwide community of over 5,000 Ace retail stores committed to winning customers through legendary customer service. Here at Hortons of LaGrange our cashiers exemplify the foundation of our service to each customer as they enter and leave the store.
What You’ll Do:
As a Hortons Cashier & Front-End Services Representative, you are more than just an ‘item scanner’. You play a major role in how our Hortons’ guests feel when they leave the store or end a phone call. You are the first and last team member that the guest interacts with. That’s why it’s so important to smile, greet, and thank each and every guest.
This job involves tasks such as greeting Hortons’ guests, answering phone calls and directing calls to the appropriate departments, answering questions about products, taking payment and processing refunds, generating estimates, data entry, and implementing store policies. You will play a key role in providing legendary customer service to our Hortons’ guests and building guest loyalty. You will be responsible for operating our cash registers with accuracy and efficiency while ensuring the checkout experience is fast and friendly. This includes, but is not limited to, suggesting appropriate additional products, handling merchandise returns and exchanges quickly and efficiently, calling customers when their special orders are in and counting down their cash drawer at the end of each shift.
Candidates well suited for our Cashier & Front-End Services Representative role are customer focused, have a friendly and approachable personality, enjoy working as part of a team, and can remain motivated when completing repetitive tasks.
Who You Are:
- Desire to provide customer service excellence
- Willing to work flexible hours including daytime hours and occasional weekends
- Outgoing and excited to smile, greet, and thank customers with a positive attitude
- Comfortable standing for long periods of time while checking out guests quickly and accurately
- Organized and professional
- Quick learner and comfortable answering guest questions to help them with their needs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail Oriented
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Related experience is preferred but not required
Consider joining the Horton’s team where our friendly atmosphere, competitive wages, merchandise discounts, flexible schedules and a positive management team are just a few of the advantages we offer. This is the perfect job for someone returning to the job force, or perhaps for someone attending local college.
- High School or GED equivalent.
- Cashier experience preferred. Customer service experience preferred.
- Standing, walking, and lifting (up to 25lbs).
This is not a seasonal job. Must be able to work daytime hours.
Ace Hardware Sales Associate – Full-Time & Part-Time Available
As a local business, we pride ourselves in being there for our community in the times of greatest need. Amongst all the uncertainty of the current pandemic, one thing is certain… now is one of THOSE times! Thus, as the local ACE Hardware store and being declared an “essential business,” it is our privilege to be OPEN in La Grange to serve our community for all of their hardware needs. Consequently, we are looking to have people join us who believe in the power of community and the shop local mission. We ARE – Still Open…Always Essential…Forever Helpful.
About Hortons Ace Hardware and Home Lighting
Hortons has been serving the community for over 120 years and we pride ourselves on creating a superior client experience from the way our stores are merchandised, to the products we carry, and most importantly, the service we provide to each and every person who walks through the door.
The Sales Associate will not be “selling products”, rather they will be assisting in “solving problems” of those guests who seek their assistance. They will also assist in the receiving, stocking, pricing of all merchandise and help maintain a clean and orderly merchandise presentation and overall store cleanliness.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide a positive representation of Hortons Ace Hardware.
- Proactively assist customers in solving problems.
- Greet customers entering and throughout the store. Thank customers when finished and when they are leaving the store.
- Possess a friendly outgoing demeanor; work well with customers as well as associates.
- Ensure all pages and calls are answered promptly, courteously and effectively.
- Forward any customer complaint that cannot be handled to a member of management.
- Possess strong product knowledge and knowledge of store layout and location of products.
- Assist customers throughout the store with personal, customized service based on the premise of amazing every customer, every time.
- Assist in creating a positive, professional and safe work environment.
- Assist with receiving, checking in and stocking of merchandise throughout the store.
- Assist with maintaining back stock levels.
- Assist with daily maintenance, orderliness and cleanliness of the sales floor, stock room and outdoor merchandise area.
- Assist with providing a clean and orderly sales floor, including end caps and ad merchandise.
- Assist with merchandise resets through the store.
- Ensure signage is current throughout the store.
- Communicate any merchandising, cost control or sales idea to General Manager.
- Participate in store meetings.
- Be professional in appearance and actions.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High School or GED equivalent.
- Formal retail experience or trades experience preferred but not mandatory.
- Standing, walking and lifting (up to 50lbs).