At Hortons Home Lighting in Chicagoland, we’re always looking for passionate and experienced individuals to join our lighting team. If you’re looking for a new career in the lighting industry, then look through the listings below to learn more about the positions that we have available. You can apply online by using the button at the end of each section, and if you have questions about a job, then you can contact the respective showroom. We look forward to hearing from you!
Retail Sales Specialist – Full or Part-Time (La Grange, IL 60525)
Our Proud Heritage: Horton’s Home Lighting has long been regarded as the premier lighting showroom in Chicago, IL, and the surrounding area. Locally owned and operated for more than 100 years, our three updated showrooms offer a wide range of lighting, superior customer service, and a professional staff. We believe in creating a family-friendly work environment, where each person is an integral member of the team, yet responsible for his or her own results and earning potential. We are proud of our heritage and would like to find an individual who will excel and prosper in a fast-paced retail environment becoming a valued member of our team.
About Us: We are the premier lighting showroom in the Chicago land area with 3 updated showrooms offering the most progressive, trendy and cutting-edge assortments. We know that the right lighting can set the mood, add drama, or subtly enhance the natural beauty of a room. Hortons carries Chicagoland’s largest in-stock selection of home lighting. Hortons is not just another lighting store, it’s a true destination.
Are you the Ideal Candidate? If you are looking for a full or part-time opportunity and have a passion for people with a flair for design, you may be the candidate we’re looking for. If you are a self-motivated, and detail orientated individual we will provide the tools and training you need to achieve outstanding success.
About the Position: This position requires an individual to interact with retail clients, designers and builders to assist them in making product choices according to their individual needs. The objective is always to provide both design and lighting advice that will make the customers buying decision easier. We have opportunities in both of our showroom locations.
We offer the following opportunities and benefits:
- Generous Base Salary
- An Aggressive Commission / Bonus Structure Based on Performance
- Health Insurance for full-time employees
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacations
- Employee discounts
The skills and abilities we’re seeking include:
- A passion for, or experience with, decorating or design.
- Hospitality Industry and or Customer Service skills a plus
- A proven sales professional
- Lighting and/or home décor experience would be a plus
- Must be willing and able to participate in training and ongoing product education
- Must have access to reliable transportation in order to get to work.
- Must have open and flexible work availability
- Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and be willing to learn our operating systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- College degree is a plus
- Professionalism, to include dependability, accountability, and punctuality
- Self-motivated and internally driven to excel in your position and career
- Time management skills for juggling multiple (and sometimes competing) deadlines and deliverables
- Contribute to store sales goals by selling lighting, accessories and other products offered by Hortons
- Team with Sales Manager and Associates to promote a positive buying experience and drive overall store sales
- Develop and utilize sales skills and principals
- Maximize store promotions, marketing initiatives, and grassroots programs
- Maintain strong knowledge of features and benefits of existing and new product lines
- Meet established goals as set by management
How to Apply:
Please provide the following:
- An up-to-date resume and a brief cover letter outlining your experience for the position
- Salary history and/or requirements
- We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration, and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you kindly in advance for your adherence to this request.
- Candidates who meet our selection criteria will be contacted by phone for the next step in our hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.
Hortons Home Lighting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Cashier – Hortons Home Lighting & Ace Hardware (La Grange, IL 60525)
As a Horton’s cashier, you will play a key role in providing legendary customer service to our customers and building customer loyalty. You will be responsible for operating our cash registers with accuracy and efficiency while ensuring the checkout experience is fast and friendly. This includes, but is not limited to, suggesting appropriate additional products, handling merchandise returns and exchanges quickly and efficiently, calling customers when their rain checks and special orders are in stock and counting their cash drawer before each shift.
- Helpful customer service skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours including nights and weekends
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Related experience is preferred but not required
If interested please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (or pick-up application at):
Horton’s Ace Hardware
60 S. La Grange Road
La Grange, IL 60525